THE HUNGER PROJECT
Join The Hunger Projectís 'Team Hunger' and raise crucial funds to halt global hunger in its tracks!
The Hunger Project is a global, non-profit organisation committed to the sustainable end of world hunger and poverty. In Africa, South Asia and Latin America, we seek to end hunger and poverty by empowering people to lead lives of self-reliance, meet their own basic needs and build better futures for their children.
With 375,000 locally trained volunteers across the developing world training millions of others to take the steps to end their own hunger and poverty your support is giving the one in seven of us (living on less than 80 pence a day), a hand-up! Achieving the sustainable end of hunger means creating a new future for all humanity, a future where:
- every day, every person has enough of the right food to be healthy and productive;
- babies are born healthy and strong, and girl babies are prized as much as boy babies;
- children stay alive, so parents can have smaller families;
- women and girls are full partners in society;
- people have control over their own lives and destinies, and all individuals have a chance to contribute.
- values of respect for humanity and nature flourish.
Do you share our vision and want to help us to achieve this? Join our Team
With only two UK staff we are able to keep costs low and send more of the funds raised to programmes but rest assured we are pulling out all the stops to help you along the way.
- Dedicated contact to help you with fundraising, awareness training, and advice
- Plenty of encouragement, enthusiasm and support from us including regular e-newsletters.
- A fantastic Team Hunger t-shirt (we are working on the socks!)
- Training and fitness advice
- We are coming too! We will be joining the challenge and will be at the finish to say thanks!
Itís not a matter of charity, itís a matter of mutual responsibility! - get out your bikes! For any further information about taking part in this challenge for The Hunger Project please contact Mark on 07595 222 354 or email email@example.com
What do we do? We mobilise people and communities at a grassroots level to provide infrastructure:
- infrastructure - buildings, schools, health clinics, toilets, food storage facilities;
- education - nursery school and literacy programmes;
- health - antenatal, family planning and HIV Aids programmes;
- agriculture - training, tools, land and access to pesticides and seeds;
- water - safe water supplies and sanitation training in all our villages;
- microfinance - the majority goes to rural women farmers who start businesses.
Learn more about our work by watching this great video clip.
"Less than 10% of the 20,000 people who die each day from extreme hunger and poverty do so from famine, flood or earthquake.. I really wanted to support a charity that was focussed on the 90% that continue to suffer with very little support. Often they need a handup not just a handout! After reading about The Hunger Projectís work to create long term solutions I and jumped in at the deep end with my first ever fundraiser, a 100km cycle challenge. This gave me a real opportunity to focus on my own fitness goals whilst giving others the opportunity to improve their own lives tooÖ an incredible sense of achievement Ė jump in it will be the best thing you ever did"